This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stretch Stitches

Today I'd like to ask you a really short question:

Does your machine have stretch stitches?

Some machines have multiple stretch stitches, others have just one. With stretch stitches I don't mean stitches that can be used a stretch stitches, such as the zig zag. I mean the ones that are designed specifically for stretch fabrics. Below you can find a few symbols that are used on your machine to depict these.

I am asking because I am finalizing my instructions for the folded skirt, and I want to know how common these stitches are before I talk about them. Doesn't make sense to recommend stitches that not many people have, right? Can you please let me know in the poll below? Thanks!



On another note: next wednesday is Pattern Magic day! If you have a project to share, with or without blog, let me (or Marianna) know and we'll include you in a post.

2 comments:

  1. I have a vintage German machine, but then also a serger. I hem on my Pfaff, using either zigzag (for high stretch, like leggings) or straight stitch set to medium length (for dress necklines)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!